Black Magic Probe Mini V2.1 (BMPM2) designed by 1BitSquared in collaboration with Black Sphere Technologies is a JTAG and SWD Adapter used for programming and debugging ARM Cortex MCUs. Its the best friend of any ARM microcontroller developer.
Black Magic Probe gets rid of intermediate programs like OpenOCD or STLink server. This makes the operation faster and more reliable. You just open your GNU Debugger (GDB) and select the virtual com port offered by BMPM2 as your extended remote target. For a full description and how-to visit the projects Wiki page on GitHub.
Now in stock!
GDB server port without the need of special PC side software.
- TTL level serial interface
- SWD and JTAG support
- Supports 1.7V up to 5V targets
- Can provide 3.3V to the target (up to 100mA)
- Semihosting support
- Works on Linux, Mac and Windows
- Works with Eclipse and other Integrated Development Environments
- Supports STM32, LPC11, LM3S - full support list
- DroneCode compatible
What it comes with:
You can order your Black Magic Probe Mini v2.0 on its own or together with a JTAG ribbon cable and a 0.1" pin header compatible serial cable or even with a Male 20pin ARM JTAG adapter board kit. The JTAG adapter board kit is great for interfacing with older ARM development boards as well as easily connecting 0.1" headers, like the Raspberry Pi or STM32 Discovery boards. If you wish to interface the Black Magic Probe USB to Serial connector to a Lisa/M , Lisa/MX or Lisa/S autopilot you will need the BMPM/AP serial cable.
Changes from Black Magic Probe V1 (BMPM1)
- Improved target front-end robustness and drive strength through an added dual supply level shifting transceivers
- When target power is disabled, the target will not power the Black Magic Probe any more through the target power MOSFET. The circuitry has been replaced with a "true switch" circuitry.
- Larger and further spaced out LEDs for better readability of on board indicators.
- USB Mini B connector has been replaced with USB Micro B.
- Added silkscreen legend of the JTAG and UART pinouts to the board. (VGGKG stands for: Voltage, GND, GND, Key, GND)
- Now manufactured in the USA with high quality materials and quality assurance
- Despite all the improvements, increased density, higher complexity and added features of the probe we were able to optimize the manufacturing cost and make the Black Magic Probe available for a lower cost than the Black Magic Probe V1.
- 33mm (1.3 in) x 15mm (0.6 in)
- 2.4g (0.85oz)
You might also be interested in the following JTAG/SWD adapters:
If you are looking at ordering a Lisa/S, Lisa/MX or Lisa/M you will need to order the Black Magic Probe in order to program and operate the hardware.
For more information and documentation refer to the Black Magic Probe Wiki.